I have seen a lot of posts and forums inquiring about CSIM (Cognos Solution Implementation Method) and Business Analytics Solutions Implementation Method (BASIM). Here is some key details and a great tool below you can download to walk you through the method step by step.
You can choose unique implementation “roadmaps” for each product , all aligned to a common approach. These roadmaps were created by Cognos experts from actual customer experiences. They have been tried, tested and proven to help you succeed.
• Guide you through procedures to address the varying tasks, activities and user needs.
• Include development activities, proven practices, tips, guidelines, tools, and role definitions.
• Encompass a hybrid of iterative development, prototyping and waterfall approaches.
• Include a Project Management work stream that is PMI and PRICE2 compliant.
• Provide extensive testing activities throughout based on the popular “V Model.”
Detailed outlines of each roadmap are available for download here. Complete versions of each roadmap are also available that you can leverage and adopt (requires Rational Method Composer).
High-level Overview of BASIM
The IBM Business Analytics Solutions Implementation Method (BASIM) for IBM Cognos software provides a step-by-step guide to conducting a complete development lifecycle. Note: this is an .exe file but just installs a hierarchy of web pages. Very well worth it!
Joshua is working to become a Data Scientist with focus on Analytics, Big Data, Machine Learning, and Statistics. His passion for Data and Information are second to none. He is a certified IBM Cognos Expert with more than 10 years experience in Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing, Analtyics, IT Management, Software Engineering and Supply Chain Performance Management with Fortune 500 companies. He has specializations in Analytics, Mobile Reporting, Performance Management, and Business Analysis.
- 2,124 feed subscribers
- Data Enthusiast (@DataEnthusiast) on Our Leaders Deserve Better: Why We As Analysts Are Failing Them
- @DataDave on Tableau 8: A List of 35+ New Features
- @DataEnthusiast on Tableau 8: A List of 35+ New Features
- @GradientGmbH on A Map of Business Analytics Capabilities
- @freakoPLo on A Map of Business Analytics Capabilities
Tags2008 Analysis Analytics Article Big Data Book Business Intelligence Charts Cognos Dashboards Data Data Warehouse Design Dimensional Flow Elements Fusion Tables Google Humor IBM Install Learning Logical Market Microsoft Model Modeling Operational Predictive Programming Python Ralph Kimball Reporting Science Server SQL SSIS Statistics TED Tools Tutorial Unstructured Video Visualization Warehousing Windows